Tag Archives: how to repair cell phone
When doing mobile cell phone repairing, you will often have to clean several points and connectors. Cleaning of points and connectors is done to clean and remove dirt and oxides from solder joints, PCB circuit tracks and the PCB itself. These dirt and oxides (often copper oxide and carbon oxide) act as resistance and hindrance to flow of current thus affecting the performance of the mobile phone handset.
Tools Needed to Clean Mobile Phone Points and Connectors:
- ESD-Safe Brush
- IPA solution or any other PCB cleaning solution or chemical.
- IPA dispenser.
- PCB cleaning buds.
- PCB holder.
How to Clean Points and Connectors of Mobile Phone PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Disassemble the mobile phone and take out the PCB
- Fix the PCB to a PCB holder that can hold it firmly.
- Using a PCB cleaning bud or ESD-Safe Brush and IPA solution or PCB cleaner, clean the points and connectors on the PCB.
- You can also use tweezers to clean the points and connectors.
- Similarly you can clean the whole PCB of the mobile phone and other parts and components in a mobile phone.
Have a look at following videos to learn and understand how to disassemble a mobile cell phone and how to clean points and connector of a mobile phone PCB.
- Mobile Phone Repairing Tools
- Card Level Parts of a Mobile Phone
- Mobile Phone Parts Identification | How to Identify Parts & Components on PCB of Mobile Phone
- Parts of a Mobile Cell Phone and Their Function (Big Parts)
- Small Parts / Electronic Components of Mobile Phone and Their Function
- How to Check Mobile Cell Phone Settings
- How to Open and Disassemble a Mobile Cell Phone
- How to Use Multimeter
- How to Jumper in Mobile Phone Repairing
- Smartphone Repairing
- SMD Surface Mount Electronic Components for SMT