SMD Rework Station
SMD Rework Station for Mobile Phone Repairing – SMD Rework Station or Hot Air Blower is needed for desoldering and soldering of IC components and BGA
SMD Rework Station or Hot Air Blower is an equipment needed for desoldering and soldering of IC components or chips and BGA while mobile phone repairing. There are good SMD rework stations from manufacturers and suppliers like Hakko, Weller, Goot, Ersa, Atten, Quick, Baku and many more.
About SMD Rework Station / Hot Air Rework Station
In any SMD Rework Station or hot air blower, there are two control knobs. One control knob is to control flow of Hot Air while the other control knob is used to control temperature. Hot air flow through nozzle attached to the handle. This hot air helps to melt solder paste beneath the IC. An SMD Rework Station is also used as BGA Rework Station using some additional equipment and set-up such as a PCB Holder, Stand for the Rework Station and a Pre-heater to give heat from the bottom.
Which is the Best SMD Hot Air Station
While there are many SMD Rework Stations available in the market. Some are of best quality but are costly / expensive. Others such as Chinese SMD Rework Station are economical / cheap but they do not give satisfactory performance. Branded Rework Stations are repairable and parts are easily available. Always buy ESD-Safe SMD Rework Station to avoid any damage due to Static Electricity. Some of the best brands for SMD Rework Station are Hakko, Weller and Goot.
How to Use SMD Rework Station
- Plug in the power cord of the station and switch ON.
- Now switch ON the Power Switch of the Station.
- Adjust the Temperature and Air Pressure. Temperature and Air Pressure or Air Flow must be balanced properly for proper soldering and desoldering. Too much heat and less air flow will produce too much heat that can damage the PCB of the Mobile Phone. Similarly less heat and too much air pressure will lead to improper desoldering and soldering.
- Most SMD Rework Stations have automatic power cut feature. This means that when the handle is placed on the holder power gets off.
- When repairing is done, switch OFF the station. The station will now automatically blow cool air so that the heater inside the handle gets cool and do not cause any damage.
Tip: When soldering or desoldering using a SMD Hot Air Rework Station, always try to preheat the PCB by giving heat from some height and then gradually bring down the handle of the station. If you give sudden heat to the component of the PCB then other components and the PCB itself can get damaged due to thermal chock.