Mobile Phone Parts Identification | How to Identify Parts & Components on PCB of Mobile Phone
Learn How to Identify Parts and Components on PCB of a Mobile Phone for Mobile Phone Repairing.
When learning how to repair a mobile cell phone, it is important to learn how to identify parts and components on the PCB of a mobile cell phone or smartphone (Android and iPhone). Identification of these parts and components is not that difficult.
Sections of a Mobile Phone PCB
The PCB of any mobile phone or smartphone (Android and iPhone) of any brand namely Nokia, iPhone, Samsung, Motorola, Huawei, Lenovo, LG, Mobicel, Motorola, Oppo, Vivo, Xiaomi, China Mobile Phones etc is divided into 2 Parts namely: (1) Network Section; and (2) Power Section. When identifying parts, electronic components and ICs on the PCB of a mobile cell phone or smartphone, it is important to keep these two sections in mind.
Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel: 🙂
How to Identify Parts and Components on the PCB of a Mobile Cell Phone
Network Section: The section below antenna point and above power section is called network section.
1. Antenna Point
The point where antenna is connected is called antenna point. It is normally located at the top of the PCB of a mobile phone / smartphone.
2. Antenna Switch
It is found in the network section. It is made from metal and non-metal. It has 16 points or legs. In some mobile phones, the antenna switch is merged with PFO.
Power Frequency Oscillator. It is present beside the antenna switch.
4. Network IC
It is below or beside the antenna switch and PFO. In some mobile phones, the Network IC is merged with the CPU. E.g.: Nokia 1200, 1650, 1208, 1209 etc.
Power Section: This section is below the Network Section.
5. Power IC
In the Power Section, the IC around which there are several brown-colored capacitors is called Power IC. In some mobile phones there are 2 Power ICs.
Central Processing Unit. In the power section, the largest IC is the CPU. In some sets there are 2 CPU.
7. Flash IC
This IC is found beside the CPU.
8. Logic IC
The IC with 20 legs is the Logic IC.
9. Charging IC
In the Power Section, the IC beside R22 is the Charging IC.
10. Audio IC
The IC parallel to Power IC is the Audio IC.
- UEM (Universal Energy Manager) = Logic IC + Charging IC + Audio IC + Power IC
- PFO (Power Frequency Oscillator) = Antenna Switch + PFO
- Flash IC= RAM + Flash IC
Mobile Phone Parts Identification with Mobile Phone PCB Layout Diagram
Video: Mobile Phone Parts Identification
- Mobile Phone Repairing Tools
- Card Level Parts of a Mobile Phone
- Sections and Parts Inside a Mobile Cell Phone
- Mobile Phone Repairing Testing Methods
- Mobile Phone Fault Finding for Mobile Cell Phone Repairing
- Types of Filters in Mobile Cell Phone and Their Function
- Types of Diode in Mobile Cell Phone and Their Function
- Parts of a Mobile Cell Phone and Their Function (Big Parts)
- Small Parts / Electronic Components of Mobile Phone and Their Function
- Mobile Phone Hardware Problems and Solutions
- Mobile Phone Software Problems and Solutions
- Mobile Phone Vs Cell Phone – What is the Difference?