Mobile Phone Communication Technology
You must be wondering how a Mobile Cell Phone works and what is the technology behind a Mobile Phone. Alexander Graham Bell would have been happy to see the Mobile Technology grow bigger and better. Mobile Phones date...
You must be wondering how a Mobile Cell Phone works and what is the technology behind a Mobile Phone. Alexander Graham Bell would have been happy to see the Mobile Technology grow bigger and better. Mobile Phones date back to the mid twentieth century when the first mobile telephony service was started in Sweden. The technology has changed and developed since then. This gadget has changed in size and features and allow us to talk to just anyone on the planet from just about anywhere.
Growth and development of Electronics and technology and made Modern Mobile cell phones more useful with an array of features that make our lives even more convenient. With a Mobile Cell Phone you can:
- Store contact information with mobile numbers and other contact
details such as other phone numbers, home and office address, email address etc.
- Create to-do lists and set reminders so that your mobile reminds you on a particular date and time that you have a task to do. This is extremely useful if you have a bad memory.
- Use Calculator so that you can do those complex math without making any mistake.
- Send and receive e-mail, Get information (news, entertainment, stock quotes), Play games, Watch TV, Send SMS and MMS.
- Integrate other devices such as PDAs, MP3 players and GPS receivers.
- Connect to security devices to have a direct view of the security cameras like the ones in Blackbox my car cams which are the best quality dash cameras you have in all the newest vehicles.
But have you ever wondered how a mobile cell phone works and what is the technology behind it.
SIM – What is SIM Card?
Subscriber Information Module (SIM) cards are tiny chips with circuit that fits at the back of mobile phones. SIM Cards allow use of the mobile network; store phone number, security settings and information such as phone settings, contact data, text messages, etc.
GSM – What is GSM?
GSM stands for Global System for Mobile Communication. It is a digital network used in mobile technology. In addition to communication, it can provide voicemail, faxing, SMS and high-speed data transfer (WAP). The GSM standard allows international roaming between mobile phone operators so subscribers can use their phones in other countries of the world.
GPRS – What is GPRS?
GPRS stands for General Packet Radio System. GPRS technology uses the GSM network to transmit data at high speed. It is used for Mobile Phone Services such as WAP, SMS, MMS and internet communication services including email and web access. GPRS is a cost-effective way of accessing the internet, because it only charges for the time used to download the information using WAP.
WAP – What is WAP?
Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) allows internet material such as web pages and email to be viewed on mobile phones. WAP helps interactive data services, including:
- Email by mobile phone
- Tracking of stock market prices
- Sports headlines
- News headlines
- Educational services
- Music downloads
3G – What is 3G?
3G is the Third Generation of mobile phone technology. 3G phone networks allow data to be transmitted at much higher speeds than earlier and support services that are not possible with earlier Mobile Phone Technologies. The 3G technology enables users to download data at a faster rate than before. 3G offers better quality sound, pictures and videos.
Bluetooth – What is Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a short-range radio link with a range of around 10 meters. It allows to connect between your mobile and other gadgets and devices such as a headset, PDA, desktop or laptop, printer, keyboard, computer mouse and network access points. It replaces cables and hence allows wireless.
MMS – What is MMS?
MMS stands for Multimedia Messaging Service and it allows to send and receive messages which include graphics, video and audio as well as text.
It is designed for 3G networks so you need an appropriate mobile device to send and receive MMS.
SMS – What is SMS?
SMS stands for Short Message Service that allows text messages to be sent and received between mobile phones. It is a quick, low-cost way of communicating.
- Top Mobile Cell Phone Manufacturers in the world – Best Leading Mobile Cell Phone Manufacturers
- Mobile Phone Vs Cell Phone – What is the Difference?
- Top 10 Best Mobile Phone Brands in the World
- Mobile Phone Dictionary
- Parts Inside Apple iPhone 5 Mobile Phone
- Mobile Phone Parts Identification | How to Identify Parts & Components on PCB of Mobile Phone
- Sections and Parts Inside a Mobile Cell Phone
- Mobile Phone Repairing Testing Methods
- Mobile Phone Fault Finding for Mobile Cell Phone Repairing
- How to Check Mobile Cell Phone Settings
- How to Open and Disassemble a Mobile Cell Phone
- How to Use Multimeter
- Top 10 Best Tablets to Buy – Best Tablets, Tablet Reviews, Buying Guide, Specs, Price
- Mobile Phone Repairing Tools
- Card Level Parts of a Mobile Phone
- Parts of a Mobile Cell Phone and Their Function (Big Parts)
- Small Parts / Electronic Components of Mobile Phone and Their Function