How to Reset iPhone (All Models) – Soft Reset / Hard Reset / Factory Reset
How to Reset iPhone – Learn How to Reset any Model of Apple iPhone. Soft Reset / Hard Reset / Factory Reset. iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3G
How to Reset iPhone – Learn How to Reset any Model of Apple iPhone. Soft Reset / Hard Reset / Factory Reset. iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3G and all other models.
What is the Need to Reset iPhone
Many a Times you may need to reset your iPhone for several reasons like to fix minor or major problems and bugs, to erase data before selling, problems with touchscreen, buttons or switches. The first thing to learn here is that there are 2 (TWO) different types of RESET Options in an iPhone or any other Brand of Smartphone – Soft Reset and Hard Reset. The reset process mentioned below are applicable to all models / generations of iPhone including – Original iPhone, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.
How to Reset iPhone – Reset Options
- Soft Reset – This option is suitable if the iPhone starts giving minor problems. Soft reset clears the memory of the iPhone thus fixing most minor problems. The reason for these minor problems could be buggy apps or bad apps that keep crashing. Soft reset of the iPhone will clear the memory and fix the problems. Soft reset does not delete or removes ant data or information, apps, songs, contacts etc from the iPhone.
- Hard Reset – Hard Reset and Factory Reset are same thing. This option should be the last choice when no other tips and tricks work. Hard Reset resets the iPhone to its factory settings. This means that after hard reset, your iPhone will be in the same condition as it was shipped from the factory. There is different procedure to do a full “hard reset” and this will erase or delete everything from the mobile phone and restore the iPhone to its factory settings.
iPhone Soft Reset Process
- Simultaneously press and hold the Home button located at the center bottom of the iPhone and the Sleep/Wake button located at the top of the iPhone.
- Continue holding both buttons until the iPhone shuts down and again restarts. The process could take about 10 to 20 seconds. Once the iPhone shuts down, you can leave the buttons.
- After 10 to 20 seconds you will see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Now the iPhone will take some time to reset everything. Sit down until you
- Now the soft reset of your iPhone is done.
How to Reset iPhone – Hard Reset / Factory Reset Process
- Go to “Settings“
- Select “General“
- Scroll down and select “Reset“.
- Here you will find few options like – Reset All Settings, Erase All content and Settings, Reset Network Settings.
- For Hard Factory Reset, select “Erase All Content and Settings“
- The iPhone will ask for pass code / password.
- Enter the password and confirm.
- Now the phone will start the reset process which could take few minutes. Sit down and allow the phone to reset itself.
- Once hard reset is done, your iPhone will be same as it was shipped from the factory.
- If you updated the iOS, then after reset, the iPhone will have the LAST Version of iOS.
- iPhone Bluetooth Not Working – Problem and Solution
- How to Reset Samsung Mobile Phone
- How to Reset LG Mobile Phone (GSM)
- How To Reset Motorola Mobile Phone
- How to Reset Nokia Mobile Phone