How to Replace LCD Display Screen of a Mobile Cell Phone
When repairing mobile cell phone, you may often have to Desolder and remove the LCD / Display Screen / PDA of a mobile phone and again solder and replace it with a new LCD / Display Screen /...
When repairing mobile cell phone, you may often have to Desolder and remove the LCD / Display Screen / PDA of a mobile phone and again solder and replace it with a new LCD / Display Screen / PDA.
There are two types of display screens of any mobile phone:
- Connector type.
- Soldered to the Mobile Phone PCB.
To replace a connector-type LCD Display Screen is very easy. Just disassemble the mobile phone and remove the connector of the display. Replace the faulty screen with a new one by inserting the connector to the PCB.
The real task is to replace soldered display screens. It need some practice.
Mobile Phone Repairing Tools and Equipments Needed to Replace LCD Display Screen of a Mobile Cell Phone:
- Liquid Flux.
- Soldering Iron (Hakko and Weller Soldering Irons are Best).
- Desoldering Wire.
- Solder wire.
- Precision screwdriver.
- Mobile Phone Opener.
How to Desolder and Remove Display of Mobile Phone
- Disassemble the mobile phone using precision screwdriver and mobile opening tool.
- You will see the display soldered to the PCB of the Mobile Phone.
- Apply flux to the solder joints.
- Using soldering iron, heat all the solder joints. Be careful while using soldering iron.
- Using tweezers or hand, gently pull out the display once the solder starts melting.
- Using Desoldering wire and soldering iron, remove all the extra solder from the PCB Track.
How to Solder and Replace Display of Mobile Phone
- Apply flux to the track on the PCB and the New Display.
- Using soldering iron, apply solder to both the display and the PCB track.
- Place the display on the PCB and solder each point of the display to the track one by one. Try to solder both the ends first and then solder the middle part.
See following videos to learn how to Desolder and remove display of a mobile phone and again solder and replace faulty display with a new one.
- Card Level Parts of a Mobile Phone
- Parts of a Mobile Cell Phone and Their Function (Big Parts)
- Small Parts / Electronic Components of Mobile Phone and Their Function
- How to Use Multimeter
- How to Jumper in Mobile Phone Repairing
- How to Clean Points and Connectors of Mobile Phone PCB
- How to Check Parts of a Mobile Phone for Fault
- Smartphone Repairing
- BGA (Ball Grid Array): Repairing and Soldering BGA – How to Solder BGA
- Basic Soldering Guide – How to Solder Electronic Components