BGA Reballing Kit
BGA Reballing Kit for Mobile Phone Repairing – These BGA Kits are needed to repair BGA IC on PCB of a Mobile Phone. Learn all about BGA Reballing Kit
BGA Reballing Kit for Mobile Phone Repairing – These BGA Kits are needed to repair BGA IC on PCB of a Mobile Phone. Learn all about BGA Reballing Kit.
BGA Reballing Kit
BGA Kit or BGA Reballing Kit is used for reballing the solder balls of a BGA IC (Ball Grid Array). There are several BGA Reballing kit and BGA rework stations available in the market. Most repairing professionals generally start with a starter BGA Reballing kit and gradually shift to latest universal kits and stations.
Contents of a Complete BGA Reballing Kit
- ESD-Safe Cleaning Brush.
- BGA Reballing Stencil.
- BGA Desoldering Wire / Wick / Braid
- Solder Paste.
- Acetone or IPA Solution.
- Soldering Flux.
- Heat Resistant Kapton Tape or Clips to hold the BGA IC to the Stencil.
- PCB Holder.
- SMD Rework Station and Soldering Iron are generally NOT a part of the Kit.
How to Use a BGA Reballing Kit
- Desolder and remove the BGA IC from the PCB.
- Now clean the solder from the bottom of the IC and the PCB where the IC was soldered. Use a soldering iron and desoldering wire or wick.
- Now select the right size of the IC depending on the number of balls from the stencil supplied with the kit.
- Place the IC on the stencil and tightly hold it with the stencil using clip or tape.
- Now apply solder paste from the other side of the stencil. Solder paste will stick to the IC through the tiny holes in the stencil.
- Now apply hot air using SMD rework station. This will solidify the solder paste and it will form solder balls that will stick to the IC.
- Now clean the IC with Acetone or IPA solution and remove it from the stencil.
- Now the BGA is ready to solder back to the PCB. This is done by placing the IC on the PCB and applying heat.
Video: How to Reball BGA IC